What We Do
- Educate the public through outreach programs such as the Envirothon (above) and the Big Tree Program which serves "to locate the largest living specimens of American trees and focus attention on the benefits of conserving these cherished landmarks."
- Support the Maryland Forest Service
- Serve as a liaison between homeowners, private landowners, forest-related industry and government agencies
- Support tree planting initiatives
- Conduct the Project Learning Tree experience for future elementary school teachers
For additional information on all Forest Conservancy District Boards’ activities visit